Tuesday 6 March 2012

(3) I Am What I Am.

I Am What I Am
John Barrowman

Rating:  7/10

Date Finished: 1/03/2012

Review:
I have a confession to make... I am in love with John Barrowman!!! OK now that's out there I can continue. It physically hurts only giving this a 7, it should be full marks just for being by him. But unfortunately the book doesn't quite live up to its subject. Here's why....

The style of the writing is just messy. That's the only way I can describe it. The focus goes from one anecdote to another like a stream of consciousness which is fine, but more often than not the next story starts halfway the previous one, hence making it easy to forget what was originally being said. Although the actual content is usually very funny, Captain Jack Harkness riding a rickshaw for example, the flow, or lack of, is pretty distracting.

What it comes down to it this; if you're a big fan of John, you should be able to see past a lot of this and appreciate the witty insights into his life. If you're not, the chances are this book will drive you crazy.

Being such a huge fan and all it just scraped a 7.

Sorry John! I still love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment