Monday 9 April 2012

(8) Mockingjay

Mockingjay
Suzanne Collins

Rating:  8/10

Date Finished:  13/03/12

Review:

Sorry for being MIA recently...been a strange couple of weeks. BUT I have still been reading. The final instalment of the Hunger Games was an obvious choice for my next book, especially with all the hype the run-up to the film was creating.

So what did I think of it? Honestly it is probably my least favourite of the three books but it's still a must read for any fans. The story follows Katniss' crucial (if somewhat unwilling) part in the campaign against the Capitol. Pretty much all the loose ends are wrapped neatly up, as well as some completely unexpected twists.

Yet this isn't a happy book...there are some brief glimpses of joy but I finished it feeling quite depressed (anyone who has read it should understand why).

But no matter what I say, if you've read the other two books, the chances are you aren't going to be put off. Go on, read it...you now you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment